Friday, March 19, 2004

Breakthrough in the works?

Sorry for the lack of posting today. I had a very busy day due to conferences and all. But when I got home I watched the Showtime movie, Spinning Boris. It's about 3 American political consultants who are paid to come to Russia to help re-elect Boris Yeltsin. The trio tries to come to grips with Russian politcs while trying to employ American tactics, that ultimately win Yeltsin the election. The film stars Jeff Goldbulm, who steals the show, and it is genuinely a good movie from which I learned a lot from. It was very remeniscient of the movie Wag the Dog from a few wars back.

Anyway...

I'll probably do a lot of blogging in the morning as I have a lot to talk about. But I'll leave with the potentially ground breaking news in the War on Terror that Ayman al-Zawahiri, al-Qeada's No. 2, is reportedly surrounded as in the Pakistani region of Waziristan.

(Credit: NYT)

Dan Darling of Regnum Crucis has an excellent recap of the events and it now appears that airstrikes have begun to try and obliterate any and all al-Qeada remnents in the area. What will we find when the smoke clears?