Thursday, August 26, 2004

Lack of Topics

I've foregone blogging the past few days because there's really been nothing to blog about. There's the never ending Swiftboat/Kerry controversy. I have made it a point not to talk about it at all, because frankly, I don't care. This is the first presidential election since 9/11. The country has taken a dramatic turn since then and the two candidates for the most important office in the world are stuck in the past. It's not enough that John Kerry and George Bush have barely marginal policy differences regarding Iraq, but it's another thing to ignore the issues completely and argue arcane points about whether Kerry was in Cambodia on Christmas of 1968 or not. If Kerry lied about that, he lied. But I am not going to base my vote on that. I am going to base my vote on who I think will best protect this country now.